How have you died!

• October 3, 2015 at 1:23 pm #1390
      Tezza
      Participant

*Forum Post Moved From old NUG Forum*

Question: How have you died on the Whitelisted server?
      Please also add any tips so others can avoid the same fate where relevant.

I had a bad run early on, although not had much playtime for a while on DayZ in general so some unexpected bugs have got me so far!!

1. Death by Hypothermia.
      Maybe something a patch has/will fix, but when you get soaked you get cold etc… and it all ends in tears!
      When you spawn in new, find a raincoat early, you can find them at the wrecked boats along the coastline, they seem to stop you getting wet! This may save you from the wet and getting cold till you can find better clothing later.

2. Death by starvation.
      Hopefully they fix this soon, but 1 minute after being freshly spawned your character is hungry, have a bad run of luck in finding food early on and it could mean danger to your health and life! Been told not to drink direct from Wells as it might cause you to be stuffed which means eating might not help your hunger? not sure on this one, but drink from bottles only if you can, till sure this is fixed.

3. Death by Truck Crush.
      Parked a truck, logged off 150m away (so far due to a tip from Soul, that if you spawn out close you might die on respawn next to your truck). When I came back, my truck was about 10m from where I left it? with a tree through the bonnet? So run up to it and from a couple metres away it jumped up into the air about 5m nose first then fell backwards down onto me, crushed and killed ffs! So be careful where you leave your truck, mine was parked near a couple big pine trees for camo… and be careful when you approach a truck as they seem to glitch out a fair bit!

I have no doubt I will have plenty more stupid deaths to come, will update later lol

oa7z.png
      “Be professional, be polite, but always have a plan to kill everyone you meet!”
    • October 3, 2015 at 1:24 pm #1391
      Tezza
      Participant
      Oh good post! I shall be adding some tutorial videos soon with some tips on how to survive soon, and I will also add some info here also :sick:
      b_460x42_C000000-9893BE-0E0203-E3E4E2-7D68FF-7D68FF.png

type-460x42_cborder-000000_ctop-9893BE_cbottom-0E0203_ctext1-E3E4E2_ctext2-7D68FF_chighlight-7D68FF.png

• October 3, 2015 at 1:26 pm #1394
      Tezza
      Participant
      Locked my run key while on my way down the coast to berezino, went to sleep at some point, woke up to the black screen and those 3 dreaded words, i lov… oops i mean, you are Dead.

Also truck crush, it fell over so i hopped out, it rolled back on to the wheels…and onto me, yay, start over.

Hyperthermia… overheating in complete ghillie suit, got sick, too late to cool down, faded to unconsciousness, didnt wake up.

Looking over the edge of a fire station, couldnt quite aim with my pistol, moved a little more, still just out of aim, moved some more, still just out if aim, moved a lit.. omfg i fell, not just 1 zombie, but small group, legs broken, getting eaten, joined zombie group…

Prison island, tower, dont sprint… nuff said.

my truck ran me over, no one driving. I hopped out, left it running, ran around the front. Truck moved, bam.Ran myself over.

Posted By [NUG] Deigz

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

All artwork and content is ©Copyright 2014-2023 NUGaming / ©Copyright 2014-2023 Nicole Gouge.

All Rights Reserved. This site is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, brands, media, and incidents are either the product of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously.

We do not take submissions of ANY kind.